Sunday 9 December 2012

How to: plain nail varnish!




Now I know this probably sounds like a really obvious thing to do, but I know that some people really struggle to paint their nails. Maybe because they don't do it very often, or because they have never been shown how to do it! So, I know I am not professional but I paint my nails every week at least 2-3 times, so I have been through the process long enough to have developed my own nail painting style. Even if you also regularly paint your nails, I hope you find something useful in this tutorial whether it's a new step you never did before or just another way of doing things!.
start off by making sure that your hands and nails are clean and dry, then use a nail file to shape the nails and remove any sharp edges. 
tease the cuticles back with a smooth point. I have used the plastic part of an eye shadow sponge. 
then apply a basecoat to protect the natural nail. This is ESSENTIAL as without it the nail could become stained or damaged.
then finally apply a thin coat of the polish and repeat if necessary. I have used AVON's nail-wear pro in  the green shiny colour (can't see the name on the bottom) 
I really love the colour of this nail varnish and i like all of the nail-wear pro colours because they do not chip easily and they stay on for a really long time, which is good because I feel that usually even chip resistant coats come off within a day or two! if you wish you can add a topcoat to further prolong the colour but i didn't feel this nail varnish needed one because, like I said, it doesn't usually chip.
I hope this helped,
Have fun trying this at home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment